Sunday 24 May 2015

Day 5: Friday

Last Day!

Today was my last day of working in the school. I spent the whole morning with third class where they had a substitute teacher. He asked me to give the class a talk about what its like to be in secondary school and all the experiences that go along with it. I got asked a lot of questions as the class was very inquisitive and very interested in what I had to say.

While the class had their weekly spelling, maths tables and Irish test I took down some artwork and work done by the students from around the room. This means that there will be more space for the next few assignments and projects they do to be displayed.


At break I gave the staff the cupcakes I made as a thank you and then made my way outside to supervise break.

As with everyday previous, I went into Senior Infants after break. They were doing an art activity involving shapes today. They had to draw a picture and colour it in with pastels, but, it could only be composed out of basic 2D shapes. Some students drew farms, cities robots and so on. 


I was sad to say goodbye to the Senior Infants who were such a nice class but I had to head on into Junior Infants again. They were still working on money but this time they were being treated with being allowed to play on the laptops. I helped to had out the laptops and set an online learning game up for the students. Time flew by and before I knew it, it was time for my lunch.
In the yard I played some fun chasing games with the Senior Infants for 30 minutes before the bell rang. 

After lunch I spent the last hour of school with First Class. They were having a relaxing art class. They had to make different shades of various colours and paint them in patterns on their paper. Music was playing and the class was really relaxed as it was the end of the week. I helped some of the students to make different shades of blues, reds and yellows by adding darker and lighter colours to them. This was one of my favourite classes out of the whole week because I love art. 

School ended at 2:10 and I said my goodbyes. I was sad to leave but I'm very grateful to have had the experience. I learned a lot about how a school really operates and all the extras that go on outside of the classroom. I loved interacting with the children and being able to help them in their classes. Before coming to the school primary school teaching was not a career I was at all thinking about pursuing but now I may have had a change of heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment